Reading Scientific Services Limited (RSSL)
Are you passionate about training and developing people in the pharmaceutical sector? If so, we should speak!
Reading Scientific Services (RSSL) provides unique opportunities in the provision of scientific analysis, research, consultancy and training to the food and pharmaceutical sectors. We apply leading-edge science with integrity and service to exceed expectations and deliver greater value to our clients.
In RSSL, we work together as a specialist scientific consultancy providing analysis, consultancy, product development and training to the global food, drink, pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. You will contribute to this by being responsible for the successful operation of the RSSL Training Business.
RSSL Training must be responsive to the business needs of both the client and the organisation, and you will contribute to this by driving a strategic, focused B2B/C programme of professional and developmental technical training aimed primarily at the pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors, so that RSSL is recognised as an industry leading training provider of choice.
You would be part of a small team of passionate and driven people within the Training department and across the wider teams of Commercial Sales & Marketing, Finance and Procurement.
You will work alongside the current Head of Training, until their retirement on 31st August 2018.
- Develop, implement and drive RSSL’s Training Business strategy to achieve profit and quality objectives aligned with those of the wider organisation
- Lead, coach and develop team members to maintain and develop their ability to support the RSSL Training Business
- Continually assess, evaluate and review current offer to ensure market and individual customer needs are fully understood
- Develop new products [courses, consultancy, training delivery methods, customer experience] to meet the needs identified
- Identify and engage the services of subject matter experts to support the training offer
- Maintain and manage effective relationships with the commissioned subject matter experts [Tutors], to ensure effective professional support for the Training Business – knowledge, facilitation skills and administration
- Develop and enhance the external face of RSSL Training through building relationships with clients, via range of communication channels
Communication & Influence
- Maintain and develop knowledge and technical capability across the Training Team (including commissioned external consultants), in order to provide expert advice to drive/lead client and stakeholder meetings as required
- Liaise with external clients and internal customers (commercial, financial, facilities and line management) to ensure effective communication of project proposals and delivery of results
- Contribute to technical strategies & influence senior management
Leadership and supervision
- Plan and manage own workload, whilst ensuring effective resource planning for the team
- Train members of own or other departmental teams as required
Market Needs & Direction
- Develop and maintain a broad general understanding of the current regulations affecting the industries/sectors in which RSSL provides training
- Build awareness and understanding of trends (eg regulatory, digital communication, and business trends), including establishing and maintaining a network of relevant stakeholders
- Degree level qualification in a relevant scientific discipline, or equivalent (e.g significant experience in a technical/scientific training environment)
- Significant experience of working in the pharmaceutical sector of working in a technical training environment
- Excellent organisational skills, including resource management and priority setting
- Stellar customer service skills
- Proactive, self-motivated, energetic individual capable of working on their own initiative, and driving, inspiring and motivating others
- Practical experience in training needs analysis, and the design and implementation of training programmes (using variety of methods)
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and motivate a team
- Excellent written & verbal English; digital communication & presentation skills with the ability to influence
- Occasional travel within the UK & travel abroad may be required
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.