Romaco acquires Spanish manufacturer STE Tecpharm

Published: 18-Mar-2021

This latest addition to the Romaco family takes the company’s total number of production sites to five in Germany, Italy and Spain

Romaco has acquired Spanish manufacturer STE Tecpharm, aiming to strengthening its position as a turnkey supplier of processing technologies. In particular, the company’s patented drum coaters will complement Romaco Innojet’s granulation and fluid bed technologies.

Romaco initially acquired 75% of the share capital of STE Tecpharm, which was previously owner-managed, and the remaining 25% will be transferred subsequently. Tecpharm’s drum coaters, coupled with the company’s conventional granulation lines and Wurster fluid bed systems, are hoped to complement Romaco’s range for processing pharmaceutical solids.

“With the takeover of Tecpharm and its patented high-tech tablet coating machines, we can decisively expand our portfolio”, said Jörg Pieper, CEO Romaco Group. “Tecpharm manufactures drum coaters that embody economic efficiency, reliability and batch flexibility – and therefore perfectly fit the products and quality standards of Innojet and Kilian. This new constellation creates valuable synergistic effects, which we intend to leverage systematically in order to offer our customers state-of-the-art processing solutions. All from one source and cast from one mould. Our processing laboratories will serve as important points of contact worldwide.”

Tecpharm was founded by David Mateo, Bárbara Jané and Pedro Cuadrado in 2013 as a spin-off of the STE Group. The company employs around 30 people at its present site near Barcelona. Its core competencies comprise the development, assembly and marketing of coating systems for tablets. In addition, it provides technologies for wet granulation on a laboratory and production scale.

“I regard the exit to Romaco as a milestone in our relatively young company history”, said David Mateo, MD of Tecpharm. “Our integration into such a successful global player will create major growth opportunities for Tecpharm. Our high-quality products are unique and represent real added value for the Romaco Group. The support we get from Romaco’s worldwide sales and service network will allow us to expand the reach of these products enormously and boost our sales accordingly. Moreover, Romaco is a very decentralised organisation, which will ease our integration with our new sister companies at eye level.”

You may also like